When it comes to keeping your carpet looking good and hygienically clean, you can never vacuum too often. As a rule, vacuum at least once a week, more often in heavy traffic areas. Be thorough – vacuum under furniture, behind curtains and where your carpet meets the wall.
Be sure your vacuum cleaner is suitable for your type of carpet. Follow the advice of the carpet manufacturer or your retailer.
If your vacuum has a bag, empty it regularly to ensure the vacuum does not lose suction.
CLEAN SPILLS IMMEDIATELY
Stains can be prevented easily by ACTING QUICKLY when spills occur. Even when time is not on your side, follow this simple remove process, use the correct cleaning agent, and you’ll be delighted with the difference you can make.
- Scoop up solids before cleaning
- BLOT out as much liquid as possible using a clean white absorbent towel or
- CLEAN with the correct cleaning agent. Apply the cleaning agent on to clean towel – not directly on your carpet.
- RINSE with cold or lukewarm water.
- BLOT DRY with an absorbent towel, or use a cold air fan to complete drying.
DO NOT RUB OR SCRUB YOUR WOOL CARPET AS THIS CAN CAUSE PERMANENT PILE DISTORTION.
Professional cleaning once every six months – one year will do wonders to revitalize your carpet and keep it hygienically clean.
Professional carpet cleaning is a science requiring skills and expertise that can only be obtained through formal training. Untrained operators may do your carpet more harm than good. We recommend locally, Carpet Care of the Carolinas.